About This Project & Navigation Tips
[Note: “What Killed Kevin”uses HTML 5 video and requires Internet Explorer 9 or later, Chrome 5 or Greater, Firefox 6 or greater, Safari 5 or greater or the iPad 4 or greater. Other browsers are not supported. Click to watch now or read on… ]
Join the Debate & and Tell Us Who You Believe:
This interactive experience allows you to explore scenes, documents and interviews with Kevin’s family, co-workers, workplace bullying advocates and even the alleged “bully boss.” How do we define workplace bullying? How do we prevent abusive work environments? How do we recognize and protect against false accusations? Join the discussion on our “what do you think” page to share the clues you think others should see and that support your side of the argument. Don’t have Facebook or want to remain Anonymous? You can email us at OurBullyPulpit@gmail.com and we’ll post the comment for you.
Tips to navigate the site:
- Not sure who someone is? “Meet the Cast” introduces everyone featured in the videos.
- “Story Helpers” (click here) provides an overview of each section of the site.
- Emails and other documents are embedded in the video clips. When you come across one click to read and then close the window to make them disappear.
- “Choose a Storyline” lets you navigate between subject areas; Who Was Kevin, What Just Happened, Were the Anti-Bully Advocates Right, Media Bias and Secrets Inside the VQR Office. Clips are paired to represent the conflicting arguments from those involved about what may or may not have happened in the months leading up to Kevin’s suicide.
- For more information about workplace bullying, to share your story, or to learn how you can take action visit: OurBullyPulpit.org
This project was a finalist for a 2012 Chicken & Egg Pictures grant and grew out of their initial 2010 I Believe In You award for There Oughta Be a Law: NoJobIsWorthThis.com Many thanks to UnionDocs and numerous workplace bullying experts and advocates for their guidance and support.
|Director & Video Editing||Beverly Peterson|
|Web design & coding||Eric Rockey|
|Sound & Add’l Camera||Ed Hollema|
|Consulting Editor||Pamela Scott Arnold|
|Audio Mix||Kyle Williams|
|Audio Mix Supervisor||Dave Sanders|